Do you also believe when your mom tells you that “you are special”? How does your intelligence stand out from your average?
So what would you say to prove it? All you have to do is answer three questions. This test is known as the world’s shortest and quickest IQ test. Each of the three questions is designed to assess your abilities. Not just the right answer but also how quickly you do it is how this little test separates the average from you.
So let’s look at the questions:
1. A bat and a ball cost a total of 1.10 dollar. The bat costs 1 dollar more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
2. If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 products, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 products?
3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?
Let’s look at the answers:
1. The ball costs 0.05 cents. Think: While it can be easy to assume that the ball costs 0.10 cents, it would make the bat cost 1.10 dollar more than the ball. To keep the total at 1.10 $, the ball must cost 5 cents and the bat 1.05 dollars.
2. It will take five minutes to make 100 products. Five machines can make five products in five minutes. This means that a machine takes five minutes to make a product. Therefore 100 machines produce 100 products in five minutes.
3. It will take 47 days to cover half the lake. Lilies double in size every day. This means that the 47th day would be halfway, so the doubling would cover the next day of the lake.
Harder than expected?
This test is known as the Cognitive Reflection Test (CRT). The test determines your brain’s ability to quickly realise that a problem is harder and more complex than it appears on the surface.
Here’s the good factor regarding this test–it has been found to correlate powerfully with the simplest tests around the world to ensure “general intelligence,” that contains many questions and take hours to finish – thus it’s called one amongst the simplest and quickest ways that to measure intelligence quotient (IQ).
Also Read “What happens in our mind when we keep a secret“