This past weekend, a chocolate Labrador retriever named “Trigger” accidentally shot an Indiana woman in the foot during during a hunting trip, according to news reports. An Indiana woman had left her loaded shotgun on the ground with the safety off. Trigger stepped on it, inadvertently pressing the trigger. The woman took a shotgun blast to her left foot at point-blank range.
After getting patched up at area hospitals, she is expected to make a full recovery –
– joining a short list of Americans who apparently have been shot by their dogs, according to news reports — five others since 2011, and ten total since 2004.